As Elliot is starting to enunciate more carefully, the odd ways he says things are starting to become more obvious.
When his beloved stuffed animal Froggy was missing, he corrected me "name not F(r)oggee, it Fuhfee!" - Hailey already said it that way and we thought that was cute, but until now we didn't realize he had named it Fuffy rather than him mispronouncing Froggy
I thought I'd heard him saying Riley's name like "Rodney", and tonight in the bath I got him to say it a few times. He's actually using an "n" instead of an "l" sound - Haynee and Ryenee are his sibs. Though I feel bad, when I had him repeat it for daddy he got all sad. Until now he was using a "y" sound instead of "l"s (which despite having the tongue-tied fixed he still doesn't say right) - but it sounded more natural as a "y".
Another phrase we've started using to get him to pronounce the "tr" at the beginning of "truck" correctly (still starts with an "f" a hundred times a day :) is "trick or treat" - usually "tick o(r) feet". *sigh* we'll get there someday, still too early to start worrying since these are the hardest sounds to make and some kids don't master them until kindergarten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment