we've been multiplying over here lately.
several weeks ago, after chiding Hailey about her grumpy mood, she declared she had an identical twin who was actually the grumpy one. We all had a good laugh over that, and encouraged that Hailey to stay away. (you'd think their own mother would know they had an identical twin, as I was there at the birth ;)
now all the kids will bring up their identical twins in hilarious and random ways. Riley (whose middle name is Scott) was explaining over the weekend how his (identical twin) brother has a store. His name is Riley Scotter, and Riley goes to gather stuff for Riley Scotter to sell in his store.
Elliot meanwhile mentions casually in conversation how he used to have two of this particular toy, but his old mother threw it away. His old mother, am I his new mother? Yes, he calmly explains (without offering a reason why he changed mothers) and then a few minutes later mentions how he has 5 mothers.
I guess I should be proud of how open minded my kids are about what makes up a family, but I am glad that all these extra family members don't take up real seats at the table or beds at night LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment