so often I only write down the hilarious, wrong, hilariously-wrong, funny, infuriating, etc things the kids do and say only on facebook. If nothing else, it's not a good way of keeping a record, so I'm going to try and go back and cross post the kid/family relevant ones here. (side note: sometimes I go several days between posts, sometimes a few hours :)
Tue 4/26:
bwahahaha - kids are in the bath, talking about being superheroes who can spew lava from their hands and stuff, Hailey "so you can be hot boy (E), and you can be hot dad (R), and I'll be hot wife! (H)" *excuse me while I go separate the fighting monkeys*
I was yelling at Hailey, exasperated at why he would use her Popsicle to write on the table and then lick it off (she tried to remove the evidence w her sleeve when I started yelling). Riley says casually "Hailey, the Popsicle just _looks_ like a crayon"
Is so impressed that Elliot just counted to 100 all by himself on the way to preschool!! H & R were trying to teach him last week, he only just turned 4 :)
- And I'm equally impressed that he knows all his tens to do it, they make a big deal of "skip counting by tens" in kindergarten :)
Mon 4/25:
Hailey, telling me about this week's spelling words "they're -it words!". I had a hard time snickering, the first -it word that came to my mind wasn't on the list ;)
is actually psyched to start her new diet-and-fitness regimen! so far weighed in, made tasty low-carb bfast (resisted all the left-over Easter junk food) and went for a 15 minute brisk walk after dropping the kids off at school :)
Sun 4/24:
Our Easter so far: eating slightly overcooked apple strudel off hello kitty plates. Daddy off to work for few hrs. Unsure whether we'll dye eggs, maybe later. We had
peeps on our sundaes last night though :)
Sat 4/23:
On weekends we like to make the most of daddy being home by doing everything together. Gotta say, really enjoyed having a girls day just me and Hailey (and sure daddy and the boys enjoyed their boy time too :)
I hold a dress up on myself and ask Hailey what she thinks. She giggles and says "looks funny". Guess I won't be buying that one LOL
4/21:
Hopes that the preschool parent who put whistles in the Easter eggs ended up with at least two tweeting/chirping kids in her household
Mommy, scoffing at Elliot (4) wanting a lid on his sippy cup "you're too big for that!". Elliot, pouting "my mouth is still little!" hehe
While Elliot's in preschool this morning: can't run errands b/c forgot my purse, can't take pics b/c camera ran out of batteries, so at a playground trying to keep R & H's squabbling from bothering the whole neighborhood
4/20:
Elliot, in a whiny voice "but I don't liiiike coffee cake!". Mommy, in an equally whiny voice "I don't liiiike whiny kids!". Hailey from other room "mommy, I like yours better" LOL
4/19:
Has had several reminders already this morning of how fragile life is, will be hugging my kids extra today...
4/18:
Was joking to herself that she could make scolding the kids into a drinking game, then realized she would spend the next 7 days roaring drunk
- They are totally on volume 11 today once I turned off the tv: hurtling from one end of the house to the other, screaming or squealing loudly, and somebody's always being left out or wronged. *sigh* it's gonna be a long week!
Has a full-blown cold now, but is grateful that hubby and kids helped reclaim the house yesterday, and grateful that school vacation meant I could sleep past 9 :)
4/17:
Dayquil with a double-espresso-mocha chaser, breakfast of champions! (at least those who've gotten waaaay behind on housekeeping and are facing a week of having the kids home on vacation ;)
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment