Friday, January 15, 2010

funny language

Elliot is talking more all the time, but his pronunciation can still be pretty wonky.  the most amusing is that he won't say the "tr" at the start of "truck", which is a word he uses constantly.  he starts the word with an "f" sound instead.  This has led to several amusing conversations, though we try not to laugh too loud so that they catch on it's an interesting word.

mommy "Elliot, it's TRuck, with a TR.  TRuuuck"  Elliot, using the exact same deliberate pronounciation "yeah, fuuuck"

daddy, trying a more subtle approach "Elliot and I have been working on some words.  Tell mommy how you say turkey and tree"  Elliot "turkey" then turns around and says "say f*ck daddy!"

mommy in the car "look, there's a dump truck"  Elliot "what's a dum' f*ck?"

and since he has so many toy trucks, sometimes he's can't find all the ones he wants.  "mommy, where m'other f*ck?"

I swear I'm not making this stuff up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment