Tuesday, May 25, 2010

big Fred

I have a stuffed bear that I was given when I was a baby.  I brought "loose bear" to college with me (so named because after 18+ yrs he was very floppy) and then eventually he was put in a box that lives in the garage.  He was originally called "big Fred" and I had another bear of a similar orange-brown color called "little Fred".  Recently we were telling the kids about how daddy lost his Curious George when he was a kid, and how mommy lost her "little Fred" teddybear, and how upset we were.  I mentioned that I still had big Fred, and the kids were intrigued, since they are all VERY attached to their respective stuffed animal best friends.

When I brought out big Fred (who had on a LHS band trip t-shirt from 1990), the kids loved him and introduced him to all their stuffed friends.  he gets lots of hugs (which is especially fun because he's about as "tall" as Elliot :)  I do have to remind them to be gentle with him, since 35 is quite old for a stuffed animal.

Yesterday, Hailey wanted to bring him in the car on the way to preschool.  while she was at school, I propped him in her carseat, and when she got back in the car she thought that was very funny.  Then later I was at the computer, and she comes up giggling, showing me Big Fred, who she dressed in Riley's clothes (I guess because he's a boy bear).  He had on shorts that came below his feet and a striped polo shirt - very cute and really made mommy laugh.  Then when Riley came home from school he says "mommy, did you see Big Fred?"  and I turn around - evidently Hailey didn't just put clothes on him, she even put a pair of Riley's underwear on him!  LOL

(right: Big Fred, just chilling in the outfit Hailey so adorably chose for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment