Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Color Explosion Explosion - 0 Oxyclean - 1

Oxyclean has vanquished yet another foe.  Turns out that not only does Oxyclean take baby poop out of clothes, grunge out of grungy lovies, and sharpie permanent marker off of microfiber upholstery, it also takes dark blue ink off everything.

Color Explosion products are a crayola thing where you start with a black piece of paper, which you draw on with a special marker that magically dissolves the black layer and shows the multicolored pattern underneath.  If you touch the paper with wet hands, you'll discover the "black" is actually very dark blue, and that water takes it off too, though not as effectively.

Evidently, if you rub a baby wipe on a sheet of Color Explosion paper (like that Riley got for his birthday and seemed like harmless fun) you can get the wipe to turn dark blue/green.  Then the wipe can be used like a paint brush to draw on walls, carpet, sheets, doors, and of course can get it all over your clothes and your hands, etc.

(Silly mommy was trying to clean the dining room table and psych Riley into starting his homework when Elliot made this discovery.  Small wonder I'm losing the battle keeping the house clean!)

The "good" thing is finding out that a solution of Oxyclean powder makes the color just disappear.  Off the walls, the kids' hands and feet, the carpet, the clothes, the sheets, and the door.  *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. when I went to look up who the manufacturer of Oxiclean is I realized I misspelled it the entire blog long, kind of sad considering how much I swear by the stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete