Saturday, March 13, 2010

deep topics and other things that make me laugh

the kids come out with the funniest things, or sometimes very unfunny things that make me laugh none-the-less.

In the car today, Riley asks (completely out of the blue) "what happens to our skin when we die?"  I almost spit out my lunch laughing, then begged him "can I please answer that question later, like after lunch?"  He didn't bring it back up, don't really know how to answer that one.  (he's previously asked things like "when is (someone) going to die?" which is ironically much easier to answer.)

In the same car trip, I was explaining to the kids why we were going to a doctor's office.  "mommy doesn't sleep good right now" Elliot replies loudly "oh no!" then he wanted to know "why you no sleep good?"  At the office where they were fitting me with the CPAP machine Hailey tells me reassuringly "you're going to be okay mommy!" then goes to tell Elliot "don't worry - mommy's going to be okay" :)

Hailey keep cracking me up by formally saying things about "your husband" - like "you miss your husband" when I'm trying to talk in kid terms about how many days 'till daddy's home.

She has recently drawn characters with a heart in their tummies, which I thought was her way of representing pregnancy in her stick people.  Evidently she is sure that is where your heart is (in your tummy) and she even argued with me when I tried to explain that no, your heart is in your chest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment